The FX range of taxiway and runway lights has several unique characteristics that help to keep your airfield ground lighting visible in all conditions with less maintenance:
- Efficient LED lighting reduces energy consumption and increases longevity
- Helps to minimise the maintenance requirements during the lifetime of the product
- No negative slope on fixture – prevents accumulation of water, dust or silt in front of the lens
- IP67 ingress protection and wide operating temperature range (-55 to +55C, -67 to +131F)
- Low 3.5mm profile improves the ride for aircraft as they travel over the fixture
- Lower profile also reduces risk of damage during snow clearance
LED lighting technology allows for an expected lifespan of 60,000 hours for the luminaires used in the FX range, while reducing the amount of energy used when illuminated.
At just 3.5mm above-grade, the fixture’s profile is near-flush with the taxiway or runway, compared with other products that only just meet the FAA style 3 and ICAO style 4 protrusion specification of 6.3mm.
ICAO Annex 14. Vol 1
FAA AC 150/5345-46
FAA Engineering Brief No. 67
Stannag 3316 (NATO)